It’s official: the future is easily approaching. The hospitality market is transforming faster than ever before and it’s virtually impossible to keep up with every one of the hotel, travel and hotel monitoring trends impacting this dynamic business. Even if it is you"re feather to begin your very own hotel, manage one already or are simply curious around the travel industry due to the fact that it"s one of the largest and most prominent on planet - this overview is because that you.
You are watching: Current trends in hospitality industry 2020
Our team of experts put in dozens of hrs researching trends and published the most substantial list online.
Below we outline 100+ fads that variety from renewable power to brand-new hotel designs, different lodging and also everything in between.
What space the latest fads in the hotel industry? us break the list up into nine overarching themes:
While we might not be at the point of beds that make themselves or self-cleaning bathrooms, an innovation and innovation are bringing brand-new and exciting transforms for hoteliers and guests.
In addition to forward-thinking hotel tech, we’re seeing changes to the workforce and also work culture, shifting guest preferences, and an increased focus on eco-friendliness.
Alright. 100+ height hotel fads curated by industry experts. Let"s carry out this.
The internet of things is spreading not only right into homes, but additionally into hotel rooms. From access to streaming services to a room vital on your smartphone, the necessary hotel amenities in a guestroom are becoming increasingly digital. Guests desire concierge solutions or temperature controls in ~ the press of a button (or tap of a finger), and voice-activated controls space expanding past simply questioning Alexa to play your favorite song. This trends can sound futuristic now, but in a few years, guests will mean them. Many of these developments require only minimal changes to a modern-day guestroom, for this reason a forward-thinking hotelier deserve to implement castle quickly and also efficiently.
1. Lug your own streaming: Portable streaming devices like an Amazon Fire Stick enable guests to fill their own movies or reflects in their suitcases, however they have the right to only clock them if the hotel room TV has a USB port. Hotels can additionally leverage a platform like Enseo which allows guests come login to your favorite streaming accounts and then immediately get logged out upon check-out.
2. Wireless machine charging: Cords room so last year. Wireless charging transfers strength from a charging “mat” to a machine like a smartphone or headphones, as soon as the device is inserted on the mat. Hotels have the right to leverage a platform choose Chargifi to provide wireless charging in guestrooms.
3. Smart controls: Digital controls for temperature, light, and power, such as a Nest, that have the right to be adjusted and programmed v the tap of a finger from a smartphone or various other device.
4. Tablet computer based control:Forget the traditional binder containing information about hotel services; guests desire to view restaurant hours, room service menus, spa services, and also area references on an in-room tablet which can also play music, manage the room’s lights and also temperature, and also make unique requests. Some famous brands encompass Crestron, INTELITY, SuitePad and also Crave.
5. Sound proofing tech:The new standard of soundproof windows provides acoustic modern technology to minimize noise native traffic, airplanes, or according to music, which method noise complaints can be unable to do forever.
6. Voice-activated controls:Upgrade a smart speaker, favor an Amazon Alexa, to take care of hotel-specific requests through a device like Volara. These equipment make it possible for guests to use voice regulates to request services prefer housekeeping or valet.
7. Clever mirrors: This high-tech amenity combine a TV screen and a guest room mirror. While cut or brushing teeth, guests have the right to watch the news, inspect the weather, or inquiry hotel solutions via a concierge-style function. Examine out every the neat functionality that Savvy by electrical Mirrorhas to offer.
8. Keyless entry: A keypad code, a digital version of a room key, or an app on a smartphone eliminates the need for physical room keys and streamlines the check-in process. ASSA ABLOY global Solutions" compensation winning keyless entry is second to none. Keyless entry solution will be fully integerated v the best hotel software application systems so that guests can regulate every endure on residential or commercial property from a hotel app.
9. Concierge video chat:With a fast scan of a QR code, interaction systems such together Crave allow guests to talk, text, or video clip chat with hotel staff in real-time. Guests deserve to skip the walk down to the prior desk and also staff deserve to answer concerns or take care of requests quickly and effectively.
10. Smart TVs: many guests desire to watch their favorite Netflix show instead the cable, and also a clever TV - either v an integrated internet connection or one add-on like Apple TV or Roku - permits viewers to select their favorite streaming organization from a brochure of apps. Samsung and also LG room unsurprisingly leading the load when it involves smart tvs for hospitality.
Back come Top
A emphasis on eco-friendly sustainability isn’t new, yet the level to i beg your pardon guests mean (and prefer) green products and services is. Simply suggesting that guests reuse towels because that an extra work isn’t enough; today’s traveler wants to remain at hotels the have integrated green methods in all facets of their business. Native physical alters to hotel buildings, prefer the addition of solar panels, come F&B menus with more vegetarian and also vegan choices, it’s evident that these environmentally friendly fads are below to stay.
11. LEED Certification: quick for leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, this an international LEED certification actions the eco-friendliness of a building. The assessment covers topics like water efficiency and also indoor eco-friendly quality, and building deserve to earn Certified, Gold, Silver, or Platinum status.
12. Solar power: Hotels deserve to utilize solar strength either through generating strength from their own solar panels or by purchase solar power from their electricity provider. The Hampton Inn Bakersfield provided solar to take advantage of a 30% federal tax credit while also lowering its power bills by 35-45%.
13. Water conservation: any kind of effort to minimization water consumption can help a hotel become more green, from implementing slower-flow showerheads come using much more efficient wash machines. IoT for hospitality provider INTEREL has been working on some really cool water preservation tech.
14. No plastic. Consumers are steering away from plastic, for this reason hotels deserve to react come this trend by replacing plastic straws, cutlery, water bottles, toiletry bottles, and to-go containers through compostable or reusable alternatives. Most major hotel chains space phasing out disposable plastic toiletries and also California regulators have even banned castle altogether!
15. Activity sensors: Hotels can conserve energy by implementing activity sensors the will rotate off the power when no motion has actually been detected because that a certain duration of time.
16. Garbage disposal: Add much more eco-friendly options for waste disposal by presenting recycle bins in guestrooms and also compost bins in F&B outlets.
17. Environment-friendly friendly hospitality: monitor Starwood’s lead and also encourage guest to minimize their environmental influence by skipping housekeeping organization in exchange because that hotel credit or commitment points.
18. Meat choices in F&B: You recognize meat choices aren’t simply “alternatives” once Burger King began serving the difficult Burger, a plant-based burgess option. Hotels have the right to jump ~ above the vegan and vegetarian trend by supplying meatless options on every food selection and clearly mentioning even if it is a dish consists of meat or dairy. Beyond Meat is one more hugely popular brand of meat alternatives.
While an progressively digital world means that one employee’s tasks are changing, the workforce chin is transforming too. These changes aren’t only in demographics, propelled by the increase of Generation Z and a more worldwide workforce, but additionally evident by a farming focus top top safety, unionization, “gig” work, and also human sources technology. Hoteliers should be cognizant to these changes in the workforce in order to hire effectively, minimize turnover, and also keep employees safe and happy.
19. An international workforce and immigration: modern technology makes a an international workforce possible, with interaction tools the can affix teams and also drive efficiency. Yet as economic and also political components complicate immigrant or force some human being to relocate, hotels may face obstacles in rental or retaining employees.
20. Gen Z: adhering to the Millennials, Generation Z has young adult born in between the mid-1990s and also early 2000s. This young civilization are “digital natives,” definition they’ve never lived in an er without the internet, and their views and habits around technology use and social media may be different than those of larger generations.
21. Unionization: Unions, i beg your pardon are organizations that act on instead of of member employee to deal with legal disputes or safeguard employee benefits, aren’t new to the hotel industry, however their relationships with hotel chains and also rate of repertoire action, such together strikes, proceed to evolve.
22. Safety regulation: 2020 will be the year the hotel worker safety, as several states and also cities have passed regulation requiring many hotels to carry out employee safety devices (ESDs), and the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s 5-Star Promise regime provides added resources because that employee safety. ESDs variety from solved panic buttons behind the front desk to portable panic buttons because that housekeeping staff.
23. Labor management: with capabilities favor scheduling, resource allocation, and time-off requests, labor management systems space a an essential addition come every hotel department with staffing requirements. Hotel effectiveness is among the major players in this space that helps hotel owners improve profitability with more efficient labor management.
24. The gig economy: if Uber chauffeurs may it is in the an initial thing to pertained to mind, this farming sector that the economy has millions the professionals, contractors, and creatives who work independently or on a contract basis.
Back to Top
Today’s travelers has a myriad of alternatives for accommodations; besides classic hotels, they can choose between vacation rentals, hostels, serviced apartments, treehouses, and also even underwater hotels. As civilization travel more frequently and also for much longer durations - and as platforms like Airbnb permit any house provider to reach a big audience digital - the attributes of accommodations themselves room changing. Prior to long, “alternative accommodations” won’t be strictly one alternative, but component of the mainstream.
25. Coliving: Solo travelers or remote employees who remain in one place for a while can opt because that a coliving space, such together the Roam brand, i m sorry is a ar designed especially for its inhabitants to share life spaces, and also sometimes workspaces, v a common mindset or goal.
26. Coworking: as remote job-related becomes an ext common, entrepreneurs and also remote employee flock to coworking spaces prefer WeWork and Spaces to find not only quick WiFi and desk space, but likewise community and networking opportunities. Much more interestingly, worldwide hotel giant Accor launched its own coworking brand Wojo and hip boutique brand Hoxton is rumored come be functioning on a similar concept called Working from (we"ve cleared up of the Hoxton Hotel Chicago and can phone call you an initial hand - these males know exactly how to style awesome spaces).
27. Vacation rentals: holidays rentals aren’t simply for vacation anymore; as well as the classic rental home on the beach, the an interpretation of “vacation rental” can encompass everything native apartments come cabins come Instagram-worthy Airstreams.
28. AirBnB: The famous booking site started together a means to rent a room in who else’s residence for a night, but it now includes entire apartments, luxurious homes, hotel rooms, treehouses, castles, and also more. New additions to the site incorporate tours and also activities, adventure travel, and hotel inventory after ~ the company’s salvation of HotelTonight.
29. Mobile hotels: fairly than in search of a brand-new hotel every time you travel, a cell phone hotel, i beg your pardon is basically a self-driving hotel room top top wheels, travels through you. Despite still in the conceptual stage, it’s a compelling idea for business travelers. We"re all used to sleeping on boats during a cruise and European travelers are acquainted with luxury train services yet how cool would it be to sleep comfortably on a bus and wake up somewhere else? supervisor awesome. Travelers have the right to doze turn off in LA and also wake up in mountain Francisco - skip the TSA precheck and wake increase refreshed v Cabin.
30. Underwater hotels: obtain up near and personal with naval life and also coral reefs in ~ an underwater hotel favor the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, which also has an underwater restaurant. Be prepared to shell out $22,000 USD per night ;)
31. Remote work: online meeting modern technology and real-time communication tools mean that work-related doesn’t must be minimal by location. Some hotels currently have remote revenue managers, yet it seems this trend will enable even much more hotel staff to work-related off-property on occasion or all the time. For those who prefer the nomadic life, girlfriend should inspect out far Year, a firm that offers expanded work remote and also travel overseas programs and nearly created the category.
32. Hometels: Blending elements of hotels and vacation rentals, brands like Sonder and Stay Alfred operate short-term rentals v hotel-style standards and branding plus amenities favor concierge service, in-unit laundry, and also full kitchens.
33. Next gen hotel brands: together travelers crave an ext local experiences, the brand-new generation the hotel brands, such together Life House, walk away v cookie-cutter properties and also incorporates the local area’s character in the decor, F&B, and personality of every hotel.
Back to Top
It’s no surprised that a sizable ar of our 100 hotel trends are technology-related. Innovation in the hotel an innovation sector has actually been blazing front at a rapid pace; formerly expensive innovations like man-made intelligence and digital room tricks are now more affordable than ever, and advances in payment systems and app capabilities typical that hoteliers and also guests have exciting new options as soon as it involves booking, payment for, and also actually enduring a hotel stay. Despite these may be “trends” now, they’re only going to become an ext commonplace.
34. Offering experiences: new technology allows hotels to add compelling upsell alternatives for room upgrades, transportation, F&B amenities, tours, and other add-ons during or after ~ the booking process. Task booking platform peek is leading the fee to bring little tour operators and experiences online at some point with the score of making lock money and making travel an ext fun.
35. A.I. Based pricing: countless revenue management systems currently use pricing algorithms supported by synthetic intelligence, which identify the optimal price by examining a slew the historical, forecast, and also market data, and A.I. Is most likely to bring pricing optimization come restaurants, spas, and also other outlets too. Top revenue administration system providers choose IDeaS, Duetto, Atomize and Pace space leading the fill in the fight for dynamic yield management.
36. Bring your very own device: Guests room reluctant come download a hotel app that they’ll just use once, therefore hotels can save money ~ above hardware investments and increase guest engagement with an “app” the doesn’t call for a download. V systems choose Crave AppLess, guests merely scan QR password posted roughly property or in a guestroom to accessibility information via your smartphone’s net browser.
37. Contactless and also mobile check-in: Let guest bypass the prior desk and also go right to your rooms v a contactless check-in process, which offers a digital room an essential on a guest’s smartphone instantly. PMS provider Mews solution has developed some really cool tech that allows guests come check-in via apologize Wallet.
38. Choose your room: with services choose Hilton’s digital check-in, guests can select their particular room prior to arrival, just like selecting a chair on one airplane.
39. Fitness on the road: guests don’t desire to sacrifice your workout routines when traveling, therefore hotels room investing in fitness programs that guests currently know and love, prefer Peloton, or in your favorite fitness gear, choose Westin’s lending library of new Balance products.
40. A.I. Booking experiences: Hoteliers have the right to optimize their websites constantly with the help of fabricated intelligence, such together Hotelchamp’s Autopilot and Triptease Convert, i m sorry performs A/B tests to rise the rate of straight online bookings.
41. Emerging social media platforms: currently that hotels have actually mastered Facebook and also Twitter, there are new platforms to emphasis on. Hoteliers deserve to reach additional audiences with strategic usage of tiktok videos and Instagram stories, for example.
42. Booking on cell phone devices: much more and more, guests space completing the whole booking procedure on their smartphones, so hoteliers need to ensure their websites space mobile-friendly.
43. Blazing quick internet: WiFi isn’t a one-speed-fits-all amenity anymore; if your web provider hasn’t made any upgrades in a few years, your WiFi could be too sluggish to stream movies or download big files. 50 megabits per 2nd (mbps) is the threshold for adequate WiFi this days, and some providers, like Google Fiber, offer up come 1000 mbps.
44. Robot room service: While some hotels carry out away through room services entirely, rather are transforming it right into a brand signature with a futuristic robot, prefer YOTEL’s YO2D2, that does deliveries ~ above demand.
45. Cool translate into apps: together the volume of global travelers grows, so does the possibility of acquiring lost in translation. Equip your hotel staff through language translate into tools, such headsets it is provided by Waverly Labs, to instantly translate spoken words and also text.
46. Contactless payments: first we swiped, climate we inserted the chip, and now we can pay by tapping a credit card or mobile wallet, so hotels need to upgrade their payment an innovation to expropriate payments via close to field communication (NFC).
47. RFID tech: Often found in an essential fobs and also room keys, radio frequency to know (RFID) is a type of contactless security and communication technology that provides radio waves to deliver information.
48. Mobile concierge: Restaurant reservations, tourism bookings, and area info in the palm of her hand; cell phone concierge apps offer guests instant answers and also recommendations.
49. Open up APIs/Integrations: In straightforward terms, an applications programming interface (API) enables individual computers to affix with a server-based application, such as a property administration system. When an application has actually an open API, that can incorporate with any other device without the require for a custom-built connection.
50. Automation: Letting systems handle “busy work” like answering typical guest questions and sending reports can totally free up time for much more important tasks.
51. Hotel app marketplaces: leading hotel software program providers prefer Mews, Cloudbeds, Protel and SiteMinder are now offering a brochure of add-on apps within the software program itself, making it easy to include upsell tools, pricing intelligence, website builders, and also other valuable tools come an present PMS or hotel administration software.
protel"s Hotel application Store functions Hotel tech Report reviews
52. Self-service hotel software: unlike hotel solution of the past that to be expensive and also time-consuming to collection up, a brand-new breed that self-service hotel applications permit hoteliers come configure the device quickly and easily, sometimes even with a totally free trial.
53. Conference venues going digital: The clunky RFP process is obtaining a major upgrade; with brand-new tools designed especially for the meetings and also events market, sales managers have the right to distribute meeting an are availability and also pricing throughout 3rd-party channels, and also clients and event planners deserve to reserve venues online.
54. Lobby grab-and-go: these self-service “markets” permit guests to easily purchase F&B at a self-checkout, which conserves on staffing costs and helps hotel outlets complete with supermarkets and also quick-service restaurants. If you desire to lug this awesome technology to her hotel, look no additional than Impulsify.
55. Personalization: Hotels collect a slew the data about guests, however hoteliers seldom use the data to personalize the guest experience. With new customer relationship administration tools (CRM) choose Revinate and also Cendyn, hotels can pull data points the end of the cloud and into the guestroom to create a an ext tailored experience.
56. Cyber security: Data security hacks make headlines frequently, and with an increasing amount of sensitive data save on computer online, hotels have to ensure this data is save on computer securely to prevent a breach.
57. New payment regulations: The new Payment solutions Directive 2 (PSD2) update the outdated PCI regulations and requires more secure dealing with of perceptible data, favor credit card numbers, and also two-factor confirmation for purchases as soon as the card isn’t present, together as virtual transactions.
58. Organization text messaging: when guests and staff room glued to their smartphones, message messages have the right to be the most effective method of communication. Text messaging communication that offer automation and also group messages room becoming much more popular in ~ hotels. Some of our favorite include: Whistle, Zingle and also Bookboost.
59. Voice search for hotel room bookings: “Alexa, publication my hotel room!” Soon, travelers will be able to book their entire trip without tapping a finger, thanks to advancements in voice-controlled apps and services.
60. AR & VR: Travelers desire to understand everything around a hotel before booking it, for this reason what can be far better than a virtual fact tour that a guestroom? In enhancement to VR, augmented reality will permit guests to endure a hotel by simply strapping top top a headset.
61. Metasearch bookings: Metasearch channels, favor Trivago and Kayak, aren’t just beneficial for guests, they’re also financially rewarding marketing devices for hoteliers who deserve to bid for greater visibility and also receive an ext direct bookings.
Back come Top
What go a 21st-century traveler want? The inquiry seems simple, however the prize is definitely complicated. Travelers are seeking new experiences, whether with wellness, out activities, gastronomy, or a details interest favor sports or music. They’re traveling solo, through a group, or ~ above business, and also they might learn about a location or travel brand via society media, rather than timeless marketing channels. Today’s traveler has actually an open mind, selecting funky motels or glamping over standard hotels and also even visiting arising destinations before they’ve popped up on the tourism radar. By continuing to be on peak of an altering traveler preferences, hoteliers can ensure their properties stay relevant to today’s traveler preferences.
62. Experiences no things. Travelers are buying less and also doing more; rather of to buy a brand-new car or an expensive TV, they’re opting for much longer or pricier trips, tours, or dining experiences.
63. Coffee society enters hospitality: A growing segment the coffee connoisseurs accurate will take trip for coffee, or at the very least they mean a higher standard of coffee in the guestroom.
64. Bleisure: blending work and also vacation, a bleisure traveler extends a company trip to allow for a few days of recreation time.
65. Luxury motels: i know good doesn’t always equal expensive, and also run-down roadside motels are getting a significant upgrade with trendy brands like Austin, TX-based Bunkhouse.
66. Experiential travel: Immersive travel experiences choose yoga retreats, surf camps, and also animal to meet that often offer unique activities and accommodations.
67. Music propelled travel: featuring on-site concerts and live DJs in the lobby bar, Marriott’s W many hotels is an example of a new form of music-focused hotel experience.
68. Glamping: Glamorous camping, literally, elevates the humble time or yurt to a luxurious hideaway with high-end bathroom facilities, comfortable beds, climate control, and also stylish decor. All set to acquire out under the stars in style? look no additional than Glamping.com.
69. Climb of influencers: famous social media profiles aren’t simply racking up the “likes,” but also earning earnings by posting advertisements together marketing partners for hotels, airlines, and other take trip brands. One of our an individual favorite influencer apps is Cameo. If you haven"t tried it, you"re absent out. You deserve to hire celebs favor Snoop Dogg to do you an individual videos - it"s gold. There"s even influencer networks purpose construct to assist you industry your hotel choose squarelovin.
70. Staycations: A vacation in your very own city. Skip the lines at the airport and enjoy a hotel near home, what’s no to love?
71. Face-to-face company meetings in the digital age: remote teams space common, so carriers rely on in-person off-site meetings to lug employees together for trainings, launches, or team-building exercises. This trend is why you view companies like Bizly completely crushing it ideal now.
73. Wellness & well-being travel: fairly than embarking top top a brand-new diet or exercise setup before vacation, travelers are picking to travel especially for health and also wellness goals, booking experiences that encompass healthy meals, fitness classes, meditation courses, or way of life coaching.
74: three tourism: together marijuana laws loosen, a brand-new segment that travelers space “going green” in a method that has nothing to perform with the environment: traveling to a city particularly to check out the entertain drug.
75. Emerging markets together destinations: Travelers are branching the end from the most well-known destinations to up-and-coming locations like Nicaragua or the Philippines in search of authenticity, brand-new experiences, and cost savings.
76. Carry your pets on vacation: As an ext travelers bring their furry friend along, dog-friendly hotels, such as the Kimpton brand, administer special pet-friendly amenities prefer bowls and also beds.
77. Clinical tourism: v rising costs of medical care in Western countries (especially because that non-essential procedures, like cosmetic surgery), civilization seeking treatment often find that the same procedure is much much less expensive in Asia or south America - so much so that even with the price of airfare and accommodation, they can save money.
78. Critical minute bookings: Today’s traveler is spontaneous, which method they might not even know whereby they’re staying when they arrive at the airport. Apps choose HotelTonight do last-minute appointments easy, but hoteliers might struggle with staffing and pricing as the booking home window shortens.
79. Group travel & villa rentals: because that multi-generational family members trips or vacations with a huge group the friends, travelers are choosing to rent a big home or villa rather of booking numerous hotel rooms.
80. Nomadic sabbaticals and also family travel: A sabbatical doesn’t must wait until the kids are grown; an increasing number of families are taking a year off (or longer) from the rat race to travel - even with young ones in tow.
81. Homeware hotels:Home items companies prefer Muji and Made.com space entering the hospitality space with many hotels decked out in their own homeware products.
82. Cook travel: whether by booking an accommodation on a farm, scheduling food preparation classes, or traveling specifically for a Michelin-starred meal, food is coming to be a key factor in travel decisions. Tons of take trip apps have actually popped approximately serve foodies in current years.
83. Sports-themed hotels: by investing in a state-of-the-art sports bar, favor at the Omni Dallas, or to plan once-in-a-lifetime Super key packages, hotels space jumping ~ above the sports bandwagon with unique amenities for fans.
84. Template park experiences: theme park vacations are even much more immersive when the hotel complies with the template too, like at the Star battles Hotel or Legoland Hotel.
85. The climb of hosteling: No longer just an choice for cash-strapped backpackers, hostels sell fun activities, brand-new friends, and also sleek architecture at arising brands prefer Generator and Selina.
86. Couchsurfing is still alive: though it’s a small part of house booking, couchsurfing has survived the climb of Airbnb and also ultra-affordable hotels and also remains a viable choice for people looking for a cheap location to sleep and also a method to fulfill people.
Back to Top
In the hotel industry, 2020 will certainly be something but organization as usual. When we notice a proliferation that hotel brands, we additionally see a emphasis on uniqueness, even if it is by incorporating cocktail kits as a guestroom amenity or through physically combining a hotel through a mall, gym, or apartment building. Together the deluxe segment soars, with trendy brand-new brands favor the Standard and the NoMad, we additionally see invest in the economic climate segment and
87. Brands room exploding: Hotel chain no longer consist the one or two brands; while Marriott takes the cake with a repertoire of 30 individual brands, various other chains like finest Western and also Hilton are additionally branching out with brand-new brands. Time will tell even if it is these brand-new brands offer sufficient differentiation and value for travelers.
88. Cool deluxe hotels: A new era of deluxe leaves stuffy lobbies and also pretentious attitudes in the dust; modern brands favor the Standard and also NoMad many hotels place focus on design, gastronomy, and also spa for the following generation the discerning travelers.
89. Cocktail mixology in your room: Hotels are providing distinct (and Instagram-worthy) local flavor through a brand-new on mixology, even if it is by including cocktail-making kits in guestrooms or by investing in the cocktail program at the lobby bar. Hotel guest are most likely to discover kits in your rooms choose W&P Design"s Old Fashioned Kit (also accessible in Moscow Mule for the Vodka lovers).
90. Micro rooms: Chains prefer YOTEL and also citizenM prove that little rooms have the right to be sensible - also luxurious - with efficient use of room and removing unnecessary amenities choose storage drawers and bathtubs.
91. Ultra affordable hospitality: hotels aren’t just facing price pressure from your competitive sets; ultra low-priced brands like India-based OYO space renovating and also modernizing aging motels in rural and also suburban markets.
92. Fatality of the take trip agent: v a wide range of travel resources and also booking platforms accessible online, travelers room booking trips themselves, there is no the aid of a take trip agent, bring about the downfall of travel agencies and tour operators choose Thomas Cook:
93. Mixed use spaces:When an are is in ~ a premium, new construction or remodeling often requires combining several varieties of spaces, such as ground-level retail, a couple of floors of hotel rooms, and apartments top top top. Some hotel groups like Hoxton and Accor room even occurring their own coworking concepts.
What will the hotel that the future watch like? based upon these trends, it will certainly be a lot less “big box” and also a lot an ext “out of the box.” Hotel architecture trends show a focus on art, community, and also uniqueness. Guests crave style that echoes the destination’s character, whether with neighborhood art or the style itself. In some hotels, the space itself is what drives uniqueness, with creative lobby concepts or public locations that showcase nature.
94. Hyper neighborhood design: Perhaps affected by Airbnb’s neighborhood focus, guests prefer design that reflect the distinctive character of the destination, complete area artists or social themes.
95. Indoor meets outdoor: Lobbies filled v plants and guestrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows present that guests desire a connection to nature even in an urban setting.
96. Experiential society spaces: In an effort to develop a sense of community in lobby areas, hotels are becoming more creative with the varieties of windy spaces offered, from common workspaces to kitchens to video game rooms.
97. Environment-friendly hotel brands: Hotel brands through a holistic focus on eco-friendliness are considered “green,” such as Marriott’s facet brand and also the luxury 1 Hotels.
98: Eclectic style: Not merely a location to sleep, hotels are stretching their imaginative limits with distinctive lighting, funky furniture, unexpected shade schemes, and also eye-catching artwork.
99. Deluxe art and gallery experiences: Hotel groups like are building integrated art galleries right into their on-site facilities. 21c Museum Hotel has 70,000 square feet of linked exhibition space, solely devoted to featuring modern-day art, open 24/7, 365 days and the best component is that it"s totally free of charge. The museum offers a durable schedule of exhibitions, cultural programming and performances at every of our properties, every one of which are likewise open to the public and totally free of charge. While friend can"t purchase the arts from the gallery, 21c provides the chance for guests to purchase special edition merchandise - bespoke items developed through the collaboration between 21c and also select artist - as well works by Cracking arts Group, amongst other goods from neighborhood makers that are curated by our team.
In a world so linked by business and also economic ties, it just makes sense that globalization would have implications in the hotel industry. As globalization cd driver incomes in countries about the world, more people have the right to afford to travel, which method that hotels face opportunities and also challenges the come with accommodating new travelers from various places. In addition to this rising middle class, increased income inequality further distances the highest possible earners native the rest. Luxury travelers proceed to have an appetite for over-the-top experiences, so luxury hotels need to continuously come up with creative and innovative offerings to wow their guests.
100. Transforming demographics: The farming middle course in nations like China and India means more world have more money for travel, for this reason hotels have to prepare come welcome this travelers v language and social resources that they expect.
101. Increasing wealth inequality: together the gap in between the upper and also middle great widens, luxury travelers crave even an ext novelty, creativity, and over-the-top experiences.
See more: Charles Krauthammer The Enemy Among Us ?' The Enemy Among Us
Back to Top
With a solid understanding of this 100 hotel trends, we’re ready to play a successful component in the future of travel. There’s no doubt the technology, sustainability, and also security will certainly play a greater function in hotel work in the following decade. Gain a head start and also begin come implement few of these fads at your hotel today.