Get access to this section to get all the assist you need with her essay and educational goals.
You are watching: Dare to think big dr ben carson
2. In the sentence below, words dire (d?r) way A. Alarming. B. Misleading. C. Reassuring. D. Amusing. “They shown that . . . Living conditions were deplorable in the neighboring public real estate developments, dropout statistics were high, and SAT scores to be low. . . . So dire to be these warnings that, top top the cross-town journey to the school, I could not help wondering what kind of reception ns would get from the students.” (Paragraphs 2–3) Answer: A. Alarming
Central point and main Ideas
4. I m sorry sentence finest expresses the key idea of i 13? A. The nerd does fine in college and also even floor a job with a luck 500 company. B. After ~ a well-paying job lets him bought contacts, quite clothes, and a nice car, the nerd becomes an ext attractive come women. C. As soon as the nerd graduates indigenous college, he can afford a cool wardrobe. D. Later in life the cool male is certain to envy the nerd’s accomplishments. Answer: D. Later on in life, the cool guy is sure to envy the nerd’s accomplishments. Key Supporting Details
5. Dr. Carson came down on Wendell Phillips High school A. Worried around how the students would respond to him. B. Confident the his speech would certainly be a large success. C. Favorably impression by what he had heard from neighborhood leaders. D. An extremely late. Answer: A. Worried about how the students would respond come him.
6. The students at Wendell Phillips High school A. Worked in fast-food restaurants. B. Had actually unusually high sat scores. C. Skipped college on the day the Dr. Carson spoke. D. Had actually been excused from course to hear Dr. Carson speak. Answer: D. Had actually been excused from class to hear Dr. Carson speak.
7. Peer push A. Sidetracked Dr. Carson because that a while throughout his teenage years. B. Never affected Dr. Carson throughout his teenage years. C. Was much less of a difficulty during Dr. Carson’s teenager years 보다 it is now. D. Influenced Dr. Carson in confident ways during his teenage years. Answer: A. Sidetracked Dr. Carson for a while throughout his teenage years.
Inferences 8. Native the article, the reader could conclude the A. Dr. Carson was taken into consideration cool in high school. B. Dr. Carson hardly ever before speaks to parent groups. C. Planning for the future can mean providing up part pleasure today. D. The visit come Wendell Phillips High college was Dr. Carson’s an initial to Chicago. Answer: C. Planning for the future deserve to mean giving up some pleasure today.
See more: Nbc 5 Exclusive: Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall Resigns, Chief Renee Hall Is Resigning From Dpd
9. Dr. Carson implies that A. Girls in high school aren’t impression by cool guys. B. The cool male in high institution wasn’t thinking about his future. C. The cool male in school had actually a “Big Picture” view on his life. D. Once the nerd got his first paycheck, he should have saved it rather of spending that on clothes and contact lenses. Answer: B. The cool guy in high institution wasn’t thinking around his future.
10. What audience walk Dr. Carson seem to have actually in mind as soon as he created this essay? A. High-school administrators B. High-school college student C. Parents of high institution students D. High-school dropouts Answer: B. High-school students